Organise your Office. Engage your Customers. Get More from your Existing Team.
The Problems Document Management Systems Solve
- Information chaos – Stop duplicate files, content disorganisation, and data overload.
- Poor security – View audit trails, reduce risk of confidential leaks and hacks.
- Version control – One version of the document seen by everyone, no duplicates and confusion.
- Email complexity – Control security risks, track files, receive alerts, automatically file attachments.
- Compliance costs – Meet audit and litigation requirements to prevent fines and damages.
- Document access – Log into your document system from outside the office.
- Misfiling & search – Prevent significant search time per worker per day looking for lost files.
- Legal approvals – Legal digital signatures to significantly reduce contract turnaround time.
- Information silos – Integrates with your existing software and systems so all your files live in one place.
What Are The Key Business Adoption Drivers?
- ROI – ECM (Document Management) applications return $6.12 per $1 invested. 42% of companies achieve a payback period of 3 months or less on their scanning & capture investments.
- Information Chaos – Staff usually email 2 files a day to 5 people, creating 10 files in multiple places. 39% of businesses describe their email management as ‘chaotic’. 55% call email ungoverned, high risk content.
- Productivity & Efficiency – Conducting search across all content could improve staff productivity 30%. Businesses using digital signatures save $20 on average per file, with an 80% reduction in client turnaround times.
- Compliance – Audit, litigation, fines and damage costs can be reduced by up to 27%. Compliance is listed as a top business driver in 90% of projects.
- Security & Lost Data – Companies typically lose up to 20% of their records each year via misfiling. For 60% of large businesses, the impact of leaking confidential info would be high. For 13%, disastrous.
- Storage – Paper file volume & unstructured data is growing at 30% per year in companies. Businesses could reduce disk space by up to 42% with just 1 copy of each file.
What Benefits Do Document Management Systems Deliver?
- Automate Filing – Automatically file the information you send and receive.
- Upgrade Your Email – Integrate with Outlook, track sent files, increase security, auto-file.
- Workflows & Compliance – Streamline office approvals, meet legal & industry requirements.
- Company-wide File Search – Get the full history of any customer in seconds & search inside files.
- Bank-Level Security – Audit trails, bank-level security & reduce risk of confidential leaks.
- Powerful Integrations – Integrate with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, CRM & Accounting Apps.
- Business Reporting – Insights into your business, team and client performance & workflows.
What Factors To Consider When Choosing A Systems Provider?
- Find a Document Management technology best-of-breed specialist, not a multi-system vendor.
- Look at the size of the team, their expertise and commitment to support.
- Ensure that it meets industry best-practice security requirements.
- Make sure the system can integrate with your existing business processes and software.
- Look for a provider that has a proven track record of successful system implementations.
- Make sure that your chosen provider has a clear data migration plan.
- Check whether the provider will manage the migration from start to finish.
- Make sure the system has additional Client Portal communication benefits.
- Make sure your provider offers local support.
- Ask for reference sites you can contact to see what other businesses say about the system.
What Features To Look For
- Global system-wide ‘Google’ search functionality with enough sorting and filter criteria.
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition Technology) to allow in-file text searching of scans & PDF’s.
- Automated email and attachment filing, with tracking and capture features to auto-file to the correct customer, job or matter.
- Seamless integration with your Practice Management, Accounting, CRM, Microsoft Office Suite… and any other software you use.
- Workflow automation and document life-cycle functionality.
- In-tray’s and document distribution for individual and group file storage and exchange pre-filing.
- Thumbnail image previews of internal document content in searches.
- Client Portal communication tools, for secure file sharing and collaboration.
- Electronic signatures for legally binding digital approvals.
- Reporting tools to understand your business’ performance. For example: total outstanding jobs, or the stage of each document in its workflow.
- Strong Document Indexing & Tagging functionality for painless, efficient, accurate filing and retrieval.
- Automatic email reminders to customers for unsigned or unopened documents.
- Highly encrypted data with Extended Validation SSL certification & AES-256 file encryption.
- Audit trails and traceability.
- Anytime, anywhere, access to documents.
For Trouble-Free Implementation
- Find a senior-level champion to get involved from the final selection through to implementation, so they can monitor progress through key milestones.
- Involve the eventual users in your procurement process.
- Communicate with the team on the selection process and encourage input.
- Involve IT resources early.
- Consider software specifications and system requirements.
- Think about filing structures. How will you want to find client information?
- Security: consider who will need to have access to those client files and devise access controls.
- While it’s good to think about security up front, don’t put too many controls in place unless you really need them.
- Scanning processes: consider your scanning options for processing incoming documents.
- Make sure your team is as excited as you are with the new system. Buy-in is critical. As is training.
- Check that your chosen system adheres to International Standard, ISO/TR 22957:2009. It is recognised as EDM (Electronic Document Management) industry best practice.
So why Choose the M-Files Document Management System?
Organise Your Business, Communicate Faster With Clients, Boost Your Security, Increase Your Existing Team’s Performance.